Monday, July 28, 2008

What is Kiwi Teams?

Kiwi Teams are regular teams matches that I (tarakiwi) organise regularly on BBO (Bridge Base Online). Kiwi Teams has been running since 5th March 2008. Matches are of 12 boards with a barometer. Kibbitzers and undo’s are allowed. Kiwi alerting rules apply. There is no requirement to play regularly and entries will be accepted even as a one off. Entries can be by team, pair or individual.

Currently (July 2008) matches occur every Wednesday at 8 pm NZ time. However, from October 2008 I'm planning to change to Monday nights. Wednesday nights may continue if I can find someone else to organise them.

Kiwi Teams is designed for, but by no means exclusive to, kiwis (New Zealanders). Most players are kiwis who play acol. The time of play and alerting rules are set to suit kiwis. All communictions regarding Kiwi Teams are in English. However, non kiwis are most welcome and we have a number of non kiwi regulars. You are free to play any system or carding methods. All standards of play are catered for.

In July 2008 we started a ladder competition which will run until mid September. Most matches during this time will be part of that competition but I will still arrange casual matches for anyone that enters before 5 pm on the night of play.

Each week an email is sent to a distribution list calling for entries. If you want to be added to my distribution list just email me or if you don't have my email send a message to tarakiwi on BBO requesting to be added to the list and giving your email address. (I don't want to publish my email on the web because it always seems to lead to an increase in spam!)

No comments: